Loctite 577 Pipe Sealant
Medium strength (can be dismantled)
About the product
Loctite 577 Pipe Sealant is an anaerobic adhesive that can be dismantled using larger hand tools once set. This thread sealant is widely used in industrial pipework to seal pipes, valves and fittings where the thread tolerances are wide, and where they might need to be removed for maintenance.
Loctite 577 pipe thread sealant is slow curing and is therefore often used alongside the Loctite Sealant Activator to speed up the setting time without having to hold the parts in place. As well as locking the connection against vibration-induced loosening, this thread sealer has thixotropic properties that means it will not creep, shrink or block systems by shredding and has high thermal resistance.
Please note curing rate and strengths depend on the assembly clearance, material, surfaces and temperature.
Features of the Loctite 577 Thread Sealant:
- Colour: Cream/Yellow
- Handling cure time: 20-40 minutes
- Functional cure time: 1-3 hours
- Full cure time: 4-6 hours
- Shear strength (ISO 10123) : 8-11 N/mm²
- Unaffected between -55°C to +150°C
- Suitable for fuels, oils, AdBlue™, hydraulic fluids, gas & potable water
- Gas approved to EN751-1 by DIN-DVGW NG 5146AR0574
- WRAS approved
- Available in 50ml & 250ml
Product models and features
|CTS1917||Loctite 577 Pipe Sealant - 50ml||50ml||£31.57|
|CTS1920||Loctite 577 Pipe Sealant - 250ml||250ml||£150.98|