The Oil Tank Pack
An Essential Guide to Oil Heating
Moving from a property with gas central heating to a property with an oil heating system is quite a big change and there a lot of new things to you need to know. There are a lot of environmental issues and legal requirements surrounding oil storage, as well as knowledge you need about your specific tank. It is therefore important that you are familiar with your tank and its workings, as well what to do to meet regulations and how to manage your fuel.
The Oil Tank Pack is a ‘must read’ if you have recently had a tank installed, have moved to a location that has an existing oil tank, or simply need to refresh your knowledge.
Included in the pack:
- What you need to know about your tank – ‘The Basics’
- Ensuring that your tank is legally compliant
- How to inspect your tank and its surroundings and what to look for
- Ensuring that your oil tank is secure against theft
- Picking your supplier, ordering your fuel and having it delivered
- What you need to do in the event of an oil spill
- Servicing and repairing your oil tank
- How to maximise your energy efficiency
- Useful contacts and resources